Oatmeal Crème Pies
My kids love oatmeal crème pies so I set out to find the perfect recipe to make our own. PureWow came up with a recipe that puts those boxed pies to shame. These are easy to make and absolutely delicious.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cup oats
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar
- add eggs one at a time mixing well
- Add vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix remaining dry ingredients together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture until combined.
- Scoop 1 inch dough balls onto baking sheet leaving room for the cookies to expand
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, cool
- To make filling; beat all ingredients until well combined.
- Assemble cookies with the filling and enjoy.